We at Word of Grace Church Believe:
The entire Bible is the inspired Word of God, and men were moved by the Spirit of God to write the very words of Scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error.
(2 Timothy 3:16)
- In one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity, (Son of God), who became flesh to reveal God to man and become the Savior of the lost world.
(Genesis 1:1, John 3:16-17; Romans 8:14-15; John 1:1; John 3:3-8)
- Mankind was created in the image of God to have fellowship with Him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, man is totally incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through his own effort.
(Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:10,23)
- The blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, salvation occurs only when a person places his or her faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as the sufficient payment for his or her sin.
(Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:12; Acts 4:12)
- Every Christian should live for Christ and not for himself. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Spirit of God, every believer should mature and be conformed to the image of Christ.
(Galatians 5:16-23; 1 Peter 1:14-16; Ephesians 4:22-23)
- The church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the church are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God and be glorified by Him, by loving Him and one another, and making Him known to a lost world.
(Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 8;2 Corinthians 3:18; John 17)
Word of Grace Church
848 North Road, Westfield, MA 01085